Tips from the late Randy Pausch, Carnegie Mellon University professor:
• Stand while on the phone. You’ll finish the call more quickly.
• Avoid copying five people on an email when you want something done. Each will assume that one of the other four is going to do it.
• Minimize interruptions. Turn off the “ping” alert for new emails.
• Do the “ugliest” thing first. Everything else will seem easier.
• Make time for the important things, not just the time-sensitive matters. Otherwise, you will spend all your time fighting fires rather than coming up with creative ideas.
• Recognize that the best reason to save time in your work is to increase time with our family.
I wish you success.
Ramon Greenwood, The Career Coach