Career success depends on maintaining productive relationships with cohorts and bosses. Okay, that’s like saying there is salt in the ocean. But how often do we forget
to act on the following rules for career success?
1. Consider everyone as important and treat them accordingly.
2. Keep the promises your make. If you can’t deliver, admit it.
3. Acknowledge good work, even that of your competition.
4. Be happy for those who have good fortune; grieve with those who don’t. Be generous with compliments.
5. Listen. Keep an open mind, especially to new ideas. Discuss, don’t argue. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Learn from others.
6. Share credit for your attainments with those who played a part in them. Accept blame for mistakes, don’t attribute your failures to others.
7. Don’t say everything that crosses your mind.
8. Help others reach their goals.
9. Accept differences of opinions and values as inevitable.
I wish you success on your career path.
Ramon Greenwood, Head Career Coach
Common Sense At Work
Word of Wisdom: “Don’t confuse wishes with wants. When you want a thing you go out and get it. When you merely wish for something, you just wait for it to come.” Jack Klein